Sunday, September 12, 2010

Andy Sits!

Andy is proving to be a VERY quick study! I started working with her on her basic commands and she is picking up on them so fast! So far we've accomplished "sit" "down" and now Andy will sit and "leave" her food until we give her the go-ahead. I'll often pet her while she's eating, and swish my hand around in her food bowl. I can also take away bones and toys right out of her mouth without any incident - she happily surrenders anything I ask for.

We have fostered many dogs; Andy is by far the sweetest creature we've had in our home but she is also one of the most difficult to photograph.

When she sees me reach for my camera, her body goes stiff and she'll try to find someplace to hide. Her eyes stare at me like she is a deer caught in headlights and her pictures just don't do her justice. She is a very happy, timid and sweet girl but its just really hard to show you all what we see everyday given this little phobia.

We'll continue to try to teach her that the camera is not an alien from outer space coming to abduct her, in hopes that we can start showing potential forever homes the face of the true lovebug that she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, ON, Canada
LOYAL Rescue Inc. is a foster-based rescue. While I live in Ottawa, there are many other foster homes across Ontario with special poochies up for adoption. I would encourage you to visit our site at www.loyalrescue.com for a complete list of LOYAL's adoptable pets!