Saturday, January 15, 2011

Broken Heart & Itchy Bum are On the Mend!


Jed has been with us now for 5 days and 6 nights. I would say his comfort level in our home has MUCH improved and he is settling nicely into our routine. Jed does adore being doted on, and loves to be picked up and carried ~ true to the trait of the bichon breed, he is loving and loyal with his humans. While he does have a hypo coat, it certainly requires upkeep and regular grooming to ensure he doesn't get matted. He surprisingly enjoys being brushed and I can do sensitive areas like his face and paws in particular without any incident.

He doesn't guard his food, or bones. He now knows to "sit" and "leave" his food until we say "ok" - I can also pet him, and put my hand in his dish while he eats with no problems at all. 

The medication has much improved the hot spots around his bum and tail. He continues to wear his cone to ensure a proper recovery. I'm also happy to report that he cries less for his previous home every day. I think its safe to say that both his heart and bum are well on their way to feeling better!

This week has been a busy one, but I'm hoping to get some new photos and at least one video of Jed this weekend, so please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, ON, Canada
LOYAL Rescue Inc. is a foster-based rescue. While I live in Ottawa, there are many other foster homes across Ontario with special poochies up for adoption. I would encourage you to visit our site at www.loyalrescue.com for a complete list of LOYAL's adoptable pets!