Friday, February 25, 2011

Big Steps....Not so Scary!


So when Sassy arrived a few days ago...she was petrified of going up and down the stairs. Then she decided it was okay to follow me up....but would have nothing to do with going down!

Last night, I put Sassy's leash on her and tied it to my waist. I walked around the mainfloor with her following behind...and headed straight up the stairs. At the top, Sassy would "sit" and get a treat! Then I would do one lap upstairs and head down the stairs. She put the breaks on, but with her leash around my waist she had no other option but to follow me back down! At the bottom of the stairs, she would "sit" and get a yummy treat.

No word of a lie we did this little exercise for 5 minutes and now she has no issues with the stairs at all and flies up and down them like she is a superstar :)

She also decided to watch some tv with my husband and opted to lay with us vs hiding in her crate or under the bed. BIG steps Sassy! We're so proud!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, ON, Canada
LOYAL Rescue Inc. is a foster-based rescue. While I live in Ottawa, there are many other foster homes across Ontario with special poochies up for adoption. I would encourage you to visit our site at www.loyalrescue.com for a complete list of LOYAL's adoptable pets!