Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Sassy!

Sassy has one of those faces that can melt your heart....and of course the endearing snorting....grunting and other pig-like noises that she makes only add to her charm! Doesn't she look like a little ewok or gremlin?


She loves a good romp in the backyard and always gives her head and body a good shake after diving in the snow banks!


We have had her now for 3 days. She is really still settling in, but its obvious that her socialization with new things and people will take continued practice. She has really taken to me but in Sassy's world, the jury is still out on my husband :)

I would not say she is housetrained because to me a "housetrained" dog will ask to go outside when they need a potty break (which she doesn't do) BUT we have her on a routine, and to date she remains accident free and she knows what to do when we open the door! Sassy is crate trained, and actually really enjoys spending time in it, often sneaking in a nylabone chew toy or a fluffy sqeaker.

Today I was able to have Sassy sit for her food and leave it until I said "ok" so I know this is one smart cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, ON, Canada
LOYAL Rescue Inc. is a foster-based rescue. While I live in Ottawa, there are many other foster homes across Ontario with special poochies up for adoption. I would encourage you to visit our site at www.loyalrescue.com for a complete list of LOYAL's adoptable pets!