Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sweet Dreams


Here is my little Ranger having some sweet doggy dreams after our walk this evening! Speaking of walks his leash manners are much improving. He does pull, but at 20 lbs he's easily corrected (but does need regular reminding). Practice will only make perfect! He has the cutest little gait and when he's really into the walk he kicks his front legs straight out like he's marching! Can we say adorable? YES!

I've noticed that some loud noises can slightly startle him (like when the city bus blows by from behind) however I keep my head held high and continue walking to show him that its okay, and he immediately follows my lead. This is the same with indoor noises too. Ranger's intial reaction on occasion was to run or cower if he heard a loud unusual noise. Now he doesn't even flinch when I'm unloading the dishwasher, clanging around dishes, shutting cupboard doors etc. I've never tip-toed around my dog(s) and never plan on it! Its the best way to acclimate them to normal household sounds :) Ranger certainly doesn't mind the hustle & bustle of our home!

Although I'm positive that Ranger has never had the luxury of living indoors before....you would NEVER know it now. He is A++ pet material thats for sure and continues to be a delight to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, ON, Canada
LOYAL Rescue Inc. is a foster-based rescue. While I live in Ottawa, there are many other foster homes across Ontario with special poochies up for adoption. I would encourage you to visit our site at www.loyalrescue.com for a complete list of LOYAL's adoptable pets!