Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Update!


Ranger continues to do very well in our home. He's mastered "sit" and just learned "down" the other day. He's also learned how to "wait" in his crate when the door is opened wide until I tell him its "okay" for him to come out (he was charging out before as he pleased which he now knows is not acceptable). Oh yes! He also sits and leaves his food until you give him the go ahead to eat.....What a smart boy! I can tug his tail and put my hand in his bowl when he eats without any incident. He really has a wonderful temperament and a lovely disposition.

It's very important that Ranger's forever home continue to work with him on his obedience a regular basis.  Not only can these commands prove to be lifesaving, but they also keep him mentally stimulated and help establish a good "pack leader" bond between owner and pet.

Before I forget....Here is a very short clip of him at the dog park on Sunday. As you can see he's very alert and is paying close attention to the quacking of the ducks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, ON, Canada
LOYAL Rescue Inc. is a foster-based rescue. While I live in Ottawa, there are many other foster homes across Ontario with special poochies up for adoption. I would encourage you to visit our site at www.loyalrescue.com for a complete list of LOYAL's adoptable pets!